Monday, December 29, 2008

ICE!!!!

Florida Christmas














Hey from Orlando...Florida that is. 80 degrees that is.....sunny too. Ahhhhh, my kind of Christmas! We left my sister's house around 9:00am from jacksonville. My bro-in-law was driving and we women we backseatin' enjoying life. After an uneventful trip we FINALLY arrived at the Gaylord Palms Hotel. We girls were soooo excited. We were going to see the ice sculptures and go into 9 degree temps. Excited???? Stupid??? anyway it was all we thought it would be and more. The first thing was to get nice and warm. Coats are furnished the latest style of course. I just kept pretending that they were deloused before I put it on. Then into the cold we went. We all said "ohhhh" and "Ahhhh" at the same time. How did they do it? Chinese artists are brought over a couple of months before the show to create their magic in 2 million tons of the cold stuff. Bythe end of the tour those ugly blue coats weren't warm enough even for this hardened Iowan. But the red noses and frosty ears were worth it. An experience I will always treasure.

1 comment:

Chenoa said...

Too cool!! I love your picture in the silver ball!